Trying out my Fotasy CCTV E-mount lens around Frankfurt.
I bought this lens earlier this year but never really tried it out until today. I saw this lens on Amazon and saw the great reviews of this lens at the unbelievable price of $30. It was just too cheap to pass on. It’s not the greatest lens, but it’s a fun, macro type lens. So I took it out for a spin today to document my typical weekend in Frankfurt.
Thoughts on the Fotasy lens
- I definitely need more practise with the lens. The lens is manual and you have two rings to adjust. I’m not used to it and as you can see a lot of my pictures turned out quite blurry.
- The lens performs well under direct sunlight but as soon as you go indoors, the quality drops significantly.
- I had to do post-production editing with some of the photos quite a bit to get the colours right.
- I would not recommend taking this lens around for travel purposes. I would only use it in places that you’re familiar with or if you want to achieve a certain effect with your photos.
- However, for the price of the lens, I would definitely recommend getting one for fun.